For your sanity, you definitely want to avoid the legal nightmare of Probate. Probate can be a challenging and frustrating process requiring multiple court appointments, filling out detailed forms and a good knowledge of how legal regulations work. The truth is, Probate can be a legal nightmare for the average person, and the last thing you want to deal with after the loss of a loved one is stressing over settling their estate.
Secondly, Probate typically takes time. Your time is too valuable to be spent on worrying about settling a loved one’s estate all by yourself. It can be emotionally draining. Probate takes anywhere from 8 to 12 months to complete(that’s for an uncontested estate), and any errors or inappropriately filed paperwork will slow court proceedings and the eventual distribution of those assets. In fact, there are cases where Probate can last for years before a resolution.
You Need an Experienced Probate Lawyer
Probate is a long and tiring court process that involves submitting documents, filing notices, and notifying different government agencies of scheduled hearings. A probate judge or court representative may review certain documents during the whole process, this may put you under intense pressure as you run around to get the requested documents. This is one of the reasons why hiring a probate lawyer is advisable. You can skip the courtrooms entirely while your attorney takes care of things on your behalf.
A probate lawyer advises the executor of an estate with the following:
- Finding all of the deceased person’s assets(both probate and non-probate assets.)
- Valuation of all of the estate’s assets and properties.
- Filing all required documents by the courts.
- Receiving any life insurance payments and handling retirement plans, plus IRAs and 401(k)s.
- Handling the payment of the deceased’s final bills, debts, and monitoring existing bank accounts.
- Handling upcoming estate taxes and inheritance taxes at both the federal and state levels, and deciding where the money will come from to pay them.
- Taking care of any income tax matter and settling disputes among Personal Reps and beneficiaries.
- Facilitating the sale of estate property and getting court permission for various actions as required by applicable state probate laws.
Where To Find The Best Probate Lawyer In Anniston
Need a competent Anniston probate attorney in Anniston to help you handle the entire Probate process? Then you want to reach out to Bruce N. Adams, PC. You are guaranteed excellent representation and your loved one’s estate can be settled without you losing your mind.
To book a FREE appointment, visit their official website or call 256-661-4005.